Powered by Blogger.
Attention GFC Followers! I will be switching to Wordpress soon, please subscribe by RSS. For details click here.

In My Mailbox #28

>>Sunday, April 1, 2012

Welcome to another edition of In My Mailbox hosted by The Story Siren! I went shopping yesterday and that always means I come home with a book or two or five. I am in the mood for some science fiction and I can't go wrong with these authors!

Bought:

Bellwether by Connie Willis
Willis is one of my favourite scifi writers so I naturally picked one by her!

From Goodreads:
Pop culture, chaos theory and matters of the heart collide in this unique novella from the Hugo and Nebula winning author of Doomsday Book.
Sandra Foster studies fads and their meanings for the HiTek corporation. Bennet O'Reilly works with monkey group behavior and chaos theory for the same company. When the two are thrust together due to a misdelivered package and a run of seemingly bad luck, they find a joint project in a flock of sheep. But series of setbacks and disappointments arise before they are able to find answers to their questions.



Steal Across the Sky by Nancy Kress
Another author I enjoy, I have a review coming up later today of her latest novel!

From Goodreads:
The aliens appeared one day, built a base on the moon, and put an ad on the internet:

“We are an alien race you may call the Atoners. Ten thousand years ago we wronged humanity profoundly. We cannot undo what has been done, but we wish humanity to understand it. Therefore we request twenty-one volunteers to visit seven planets to Witness for us. We will convey each volunteer there and back in complete safety. Volunteers must speak English. Send requests for electronic applications to witness@Atoners.com."

At first, everyone thought it was a joke. But it wasn’t.

This is the story of three of those volunteers, and what they found on Kular A and Kular B.

1 comment:

Clubs/Groups

Join Razorbill!Parajunkee Design

Parajunkee Design

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP