Powered by Blogger.
Attention GFC Followers! I will be switching to Wordpress soon, please subscribe by RSS. For details click here.

More Books #1

>>Friday, April 23, 2010

In the past week or two I received and bought more books than normal due to my birthday on the 14th (yay me!). I also received my first review copy of a book! Read more to find out what I got!




Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn
Historical Fiction
This is my first review copy of a book from Penguin Books! I got it through LibraryThing's early reviewers program. I'm very happy I won this one since I am a fan of historical fiction and I am especially interested in ancient Rome. Can't wait!






The Gaslight Dogs by Karin Lowachee
Fantasy
I kept seeing this book pop up everywhere and the more I saw it the more I thought how beautiful the cover was. After looking into it and hearing such good things about it, I put it on my birthday wishlist and that's what I got!






The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin
Fantasy
This is another book I put on my birthday wishlist after hearing some good things about it. I also wanted to have a chance to read some 2010 releases and this one looks great. Another thing that sold me on this one was the interesting premise that seems to take place in a politics-heavy world with kings and queens. I wonder how it will turn out?





Sunshine by Robin McKinley
Urban Fantasy
This was chosen for Calico Reactions's June Book Challenge Selection and even though I didn't vote for it, I am still uber excited to read it (which is why I bought it so early). I'm dying for a good vampire novel and I really hope this one will be it!






Thirteen Orphans by Jane Lindskold
Urban Fantasy
I love it when I'm in a bookstore and I stumble upon something I really wanted to read but never knew it. This one really intrigued me with it's urban fantasy genre mixed with Chinese zodiac. I never read this author before but I have kept my eye on her and actually might have wanted to read her Through Wolf's Eyes book, but this one really jumped out at me instead!

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of the gaslight dogs before! Thanks for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete

Clubs/Groups

Join Razorbill!Parajunkee Design

Parajunkee Design

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP