Powered by Blogger.
Attention GFC Followers! I will be switching to Wordpress soon, please subscribe by RSS. For details click here.

Review: Resenting the Hero by Moira J. Moore

>>Thursday, June 16, 2011

Title: Resenting the Hero
Author: Moira J. Moore
Series: Hero Series #1
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 184/304
Genre: Fantasy
Publication Date: February 28, 2006
Publisher: Ace Books
Rating: No Grade

Summary: In a realm beset by natural disasters, only the bonded Pairs—Source and Shield—make the land habitable and keep the citizenry safe. But can Dunleavy Mallorough and Lord Shintaro Karish put aside their differences to defeat something even more unnatural than their reluctant affections for each other?

My Review

Why did I read this book? Abundant praise for the series by the Book Smugglers!

Why it's a DNF: So, this is one of those times where I couldn't finish a book not because I hated it or felt it was really horrible, but because it just wasn't my cup of tea. It had many elements I like in my fantasy: a pairing that stems a romance between two people who come together with many differences, a special/mystical/psychic "bond" and a fun fantasy setting. However, the reason I couldn't continue is because I really, really disliked the main character and narrator, Dunleavy. She's absolutely horrid to her partner, Shintaro and at one point I just became fed up with it. I know characters aren't suppose to be perfect but I was having trouble suspending my disbelief with the way she mistrusted and treated him. Either this is constructed to create a conflicted and unlikely romance or the character is just a jerk. Either way, it's not my kind of story.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't like the main character. I have to say from the cover it looks like such a fun fantasy read. But, I understand when books just don't fit with you. Thanks for trying. :)

    ReplyDelete

Clubs/Groups

Join Razorbill!Parajunkee Design

Parajunkee Design

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP