Hello everyone! Welcome back to another 24 Hour Readathon event! I really enjoy participating in Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon. It's 8am EST right now and that means I've begun reading for today. I plan to read as many books as possible and I also have some comic books to break up the novel reading.
Check back to this post throughout the day for updates on my reading and also for any Mini Challenges I will participate in.
1)Where are you reading from today? From my couch!
2)Three random facts about me… a) I get easily distracted while reading, b) My cat slept on my head last night, and c) I didn't sleep as well as I wanted to last night!
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? I have 2 or 3 books, and about 8 comics!
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I would like to be able to read late into the night!
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? If you get tired of reading, try reading a graphic novel or comic. It really helps!
Update: Just finished the last 70 pages of Drink, Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst! Onto my next book (haven't picked it yet).
Update: About 30 pages into my next book, The Highest Frontier by Joan Slonczewski (they're big pages!). I'm enjoying it a lot so far!
Update: So I ate lunch, took a break and then read 30 more pages of my book. I'm getting back into the groove!
Challenge: Book Sentences. Here's my entry! (click for larger)
Hour 13 (mid-event survey)
1. What are you reading right now? The Highest Frontier by Joan Slonczewski
2. How many books have you read so far? Finished 1!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm hoping to finish the one I'm currently reading!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I had lunch and dinner interruptions and also was so tired I took a small nap. I just tried to go back to reading as soon as I could!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That I am a slow reader!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not that I can think of right now :)
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I think I got the Readathon down pretty well.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I am in my second wind!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Nah, the only thing that I have going for me is my sheer willpower to read more!
Update: I'm 119 pages into The Highest Frontier. I'm really enjoying it so far, but it's got small print and big pages. About 400-something pages in total. I wonder if I can finish it tonight? Oh, and I'm opening up the reinforcements (can of Red Bull)!
Update: So I'm on page 148 of The Highest Frontier and I'm starting to be tired. I hoping to read a bit more but then I'll probably call it a night. I'll return in the morning for my final stats!