Powered by Blogger.
Attention GFC Followers! I will be switching to Wordpress soon, please subscribe by RSS. For details click here.

More Books #2

>>Saturday, May 15, 2010

These are the books I received recently. Looks like historical fantasy is the majority!



The Doctor and the Diva by Adrienne McDonnell
Historical Fiction
I've received my second ARC from Penguin Canada. I got this through the Early Reviewers Program on LibrayThing. It looks good; it's about a opera singer who leaves her family to go to Italy and sing. It's base on a real person. I hope it turns out well!





The Buried Pyramid by Jane Lindskold
Historical Fantasy
Lindskold interests me. I haven't read her yet but when I saw this on BookCloseouts.com for $1.99 (in hardcover), I thought I might as well try it. Some compare it to the victorian humor as seen in Three Men and a Boat, and since I read To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis, I thought I might like this one too.




The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
YA Fantasy
I kept seeing this book and its series popping up with great reviews so I had to pick it up when I saw it on BookCloseouts.com. Can't wait to read it!







Wolfskin by Juiliet Marillier
Historical Fantasy
This will be my first Marillier, and I chose this because I was interested in the setting of Norse people. Also, this book is hard to find here and so I also bought it and its sequel from BookClosouts for $1.99. Wow!






Foxmask by Juiliet Marillier
Historical Fantasy
The sequel to Wolfskin. I have to say, in person, the covers are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clubs/Groups

Join Razorbill!Parajunkee Design

Parajunkee Design

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP