Powered by Blogger.
Attention GFC Followers! I will be switching to Wordpress soon, please subscribe by RSS. For details click here.

Kirkus Reviews - Best of 2011

>>Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So a few days ago I noticed Kirkus Reviews posted their Best of 2011 lists. This is pretty exciting and I wanted to see what books I read this year that made it and also ones I might have missed. This is a list compiled based on what the Kirkus people thought was the best and so I'm here to weigh in!

Science Fiction and Fantasy
Unfortunately, I haven't read any of these this year. Although I did hear great things about The Hum and the Shiver by Alex Blesdoe, Spellbound by Blake Charlton and The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajaniemi. This definitely puts them onto my wishlist!

Young Adult/Teen
The teen books have their own section divided into sub-genres. I'm more of a speculative fiction sort of gal, so one that I have to wholeheartedly agree with is Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (review). I loved that book. It's probably one of my favourites of the year all around.

Other books that are on my radar are Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake and Chime by Fanny Billingsley, which had a great review by the Book Smugglers.

Now if you'd like to check out some of my favorite books that I read this year (not necessarily released this year) you can check out my Most Notable Reads of 2011 - So Far.

What are your best books of 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clubs/Groups

Join Razorbill!Parajunkee Design

Parajunkee Design

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP